View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 03:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My husband and I have had much success with Weight Watchers.
We both became "Lifetime Members" a few years back. We like the support and other things.

We've gone up a few pounds now and then...
but then always go back for the weigh ins to get the support we need and accountability. It steadily comes off.

I personally, tweaked the program ever so slightly. This is very easy to do and there really isn't a problem to do this. There is a lot of leeway in the program. You just have to count your points and healthy wholesome food is encouraged as well as regular exercise. They have modified their program a tad very recently Dec/Jan and are encouraging more low glycemic/filling foods.

My doctor has encouraged me to also take Chromium picolinate 200-400mcg/day (just like Mrs. D suggested!). However, recently he said that he prefers chromium polypicolinate...which he feels might be a slightly better version of this.

I have also heard that Green Tea has thermogenic properties. I can only have it in small amounts...it gives me a headache. I have heard rumors that drinking it in large quantities is hard on the liver???? Do not know how accurate this is. I suppose...just like anything else...moderation is best.

It's not easy...but very generally...what works for me is the following:
1. Writing down what I eat each day
2. Weighing regularly/accountability
3. Small portions
4. Healthy foods...especially vegetables, lean meat
5. Reduction of sweets and junk food
6. Regular exercise (I like treadmill and ellipitical machines)
7. Consistency

For me, I like to eat low fat and high fiber. After I turned 4o, I noticed that I had to reduce my sugar intake. I still have sweets, but I try not to eat them daily and eat them in smaller portions.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote