View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 04:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Tiredness

HI Tommywrestler, is it tiredness that brings on these symptons?

I know that I am worse when I am tired. I do manage to be about 80% of my old self - (which I would be happy to have all the time) but when I am tired it all comes back - the dizziness fog headaches etc. I have decided that my dizziness is when my brain is that tired that it is unable to keep me balanced.

Do you have a rest during the day - if you don't maybe you should try it. Unfortunately my life for about the last 6 years has consisted of a half hour time out at 11.30 am and then around 3pm I actually have to have a sleep for an hour - I set an alarm. If I don't keep to this routine I can't sleep at night and then all the symptons are back with a vengeance. Often I end up having to take these brain naps in my car if I am out - when I try and push past these times it is like my brain screams and there is no option.

I have tried the mind over matter thing but the harder you try the worse the symptons and it takes a long time to accept that this is what I need to do for any quality of life. When I stick to this routine I can be sympton free, BUT I have no control over the unexpected things that can happen and things that can cause stress. I find that I have difficulty controling stress now. Somtimes no matter how well I plan my day there is the unexpected which will delay a brain nap time and then it can take a week to recover my energy levels.

Please take care.

Lynlee

Just typing these thoughts is such a help - it is a reminder and has actually made me feel better - weird - that is another thing to learn to deal with - to feel better you need to put yourself first and it takes along time to get over the fact that you might be being selfish - another of these little pschological side issues that crop up for you to deal with if you know what I mean.
Lucy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote