View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 04:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EE03 View Post
PG, I've had allergic reactions like that before and no one could figure out what the cause was. I was itching so bad that I was bruising myself from scratching and I was covered head to toe with hives, its no fun. I was hoping that you were getting some relief from the patches since you hadn't posted anything negative about them. Do what you can to get it under control even if you have to take benedryl. Try some moist heat or ice for the ON. I know its not the greatest, but it may get you a little relief I'm sending low pain wishes your way. Take good care, EE
I hadn't posted in awhile because I had my hands full with my son being really, really sick, the holidays and some deadlines I had to meet for work. I was up to my ***** in aligators.

The patches were okay for about the first 2 weeks, aside from some nausea which I had meds for. My ON was a bit better. Then the itching started and now I realize I shouldn't have ignored it. I think part of why that happened was because with my MS I have altered sensation and something really has to be bad before I feel it. (With the exception of my hands which always feel pain, even when that's not really the correct response.)

Anyway, I am 99.9% sure it's the fentanly doing it. Since I stopped the patch on Saturday, it's not gotten any worse.

THanks for checking in on me.
prairiegirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EE03 (01-05-2009)