View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 05:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Terri

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriM View Post
Hi, can anyone give me information on getting injections in RSD affected limbs. I now have RSD in my left wrist, right shoulder,and left ankle. Getting anything done on my left arm is not going to happen because it affects my whole arm, from my closed hand right up to the upper part of my arm, however on my right shoulder, it is more centralized from the base of my neck down past my shoulder a bit. Does anyone know if having needles on that arm would be ok or not. I must have blood work done and I am not sure if it would be a risk. I have heard it is ok ---to----- don't do it , NO needles in any limb that is affected. (I now have RSD 5-1/2 years, but it only was diagnosed as full body last Dec. and until now I didn't have this problem come up where I may need blood work or injections other then the nerve blocks.) If anyone can help me decide if I should do this I would appreciate any advice.
Thanks in advance!
Terri
I totally understand your concerns!
I have just been going through some blood test, too and I am not finished yet! I have full body RSD, 20 years in July. My RSD started in my right arm, and even though I have full body RSD, I always use my left arm. I also ask for a butterfly, I tell them I have RSD and what an injection can do to me and if they are not sure of themselves or very experienced, please get someone else to take the blood. If I take the time to explain a bit about the terrible possible concequences, they are always cooperative with me. Slow them down... and explain that this could be devasting to you. I have been very fortunate, so far. "Knock on wood" Lots of Love Diana
DianaA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote