View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 08:31 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default predictions were mixed

As we exhausted what seemed like all roads to challenge Amgen's GDNF halt, we heard about neurturin. "Word on the street" was that although neurturin was in the GDNF family, the results were not as striking. [pre-clinical research]

Later, it became a matter of who you talked to. And that's one of the purposes of clinical trials. To determine efficacy.

The cere 120 trial was actually determining much more than efficacy of neuturin. It's experimental gene therapy delivery as well.

Seems like a lot to prove. I'm glad the risks were taken and extend deep gratitude to all involved. This isn't another GDNF, at least I don't think it is. The only efficacy reports I have learned about is through word of mouth. Carolyn and one other's [rumored] capability of going off meds. And a post from Tom, who thought he improved but discovered he was on the placebo. Dottie, who is on this forum reported she was on the placebo and always thought so.

I wasn't that interested in phase III until one participant told me she went off her meds. Then I decided to go for it...a spark that soon fizzled with the announcement that only says there was no difference between placebo and treated.

All comments welcome.....trial participants I would love to hear from you.

paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by Curious; 01-09-2009 at 04:52 PM.
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote