View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I'm going to reply to this one here Catch.

I decided I wanted to drop from 1mg of Clonazepam (only thing I can take for my ATN) to .75mg. At one point I had been up to 1.5mg daily.

Saturday and Sunday I took .75mg of Clonazepam. All was well. I took a half pill in the evening, then a full pill at bedtime.

Today, I went to work and about 12:30pm, burning mouth came back, FIERCE. I had suffered with burning mouth (unexplained... outside of the MS or TN) since June/July 2007 (before my MS diagnosis). Well, here it was back and biting, hard.

I took .25mg of Clonazepam about half an hour later, when I realized the burning was moving from my mouth into my cheeks/below the eyes and into my temples.

At least the Clonazepam shut the burning down, not completely, but it did help drastically to reduce the severity. Enough that I got through the rest of my work day without issue.

Now I'm thinking if I want to taper off, I'm going to have to do .25mg of it 3 times a day (so it's continuous).

Not exactly the same pain pattern you describe Catch. Mines the roof of my mouth, my tongue (more on the right side) and the insides of my cheeks/top row of gums on both sides. Feels like someone poured scalding hot coffee in my mouth. Dreadful!
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote