View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 10:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default For my 2 cents...

off the top of my head, as far as the Cymbalta, it sounds like you were getting more help from the anti-depressant action rather the claims that it helps with neuropathic pain. If that is the case, then any of the other anti-depressants may help. My wife has tried many, including Cymbalta, and most recently is using Trazadone. Some of the literature indicates that for RSD Trazadone is one of the better medications since the side effects of the tricyclics (weight gain and craving of sweets) are often a complication for RSD patients. I personally have found that this, better than many others, has helped her sleep better and deeper when she sleeps.

Re: Lyrica - she is currently taking this - as mentioned in the earlier posts, alternatives to also try (the name of the brand) are Neurontin (which I believe you already tried), Tegretol, and Depakote (much older version).

Hope this helps and I too am sorry for the frustration of the insurance. Maybe a call from the MD to the insurance company would suffice to explain why some of the other meds would not work - although I think sometimes it may be easier to try them for yourselves- just don't give them too long before switching. Best of luck!
BigBug is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote