View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 07:25 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb I'd go with Chiral Balance for now.

The Discover Nutrition took ages to come. 3 weeks.

When it did come, the capsules are rather poorly filled.
This makes me uneasy. Also I tried to find out where they are located, and it appears to be a closely guarded secret.
Finally using Whois domain search I found an address for the website in a strip mall in Las Vegas!

Chiral Balance seems more forthright and above board.

Chiral Balance just lowered their prices too and are more competitive with the Discover brand.

Chiral Balance uses buckwheat as a source and is somehow affiliated with the New Zealand company who extracts it in bulk.

If you go to Chiral Balance website and click on testimonials, there are links there to a PCOS forum with interesting comments.

The DCI Discover Nutrition is made from carob. I found this site and I suspect they are the supplier of the bulk DCI that Discover distributes:
http://www.cyvex.com/detail_sig.asp?...ame=Chirositol
Discover Nutrition gives an Irvine Ca location on its label.
And so does Cyvex. Discover does not give a street address and that bothers me. I don't like places that keep secrets!

Some of this may be dancing around the FDA. And of course they cannot make claims. At one time there was talk of making a "drug" nutraceutical, but I don't know if that is panning out. Because studies are showing equivalence to metformin, the thought is that DCI will not be developed.
IMO metformin is a brutal drug, and DCI is very easy to tolerate and I'd spring for it any day after my experience with metformin!

The PCOS community is really where most of the information can be found. Compared to fertility drugs, DCI is very benign and they don't mind the cost compared to the tens of thousands the doctors charge at those fertility clinics!

The last time I searched for DCI it was not available in capsules. So times are changing regarding it.

Given the new push by the FDA for Big Pharma to develop nutraceuticals...we may see DCI removed from shelves like they are trying to do with P-5-P (activated pyridoxine) now. The FDA did in the past remove Cholestin (at the behest of Merck) and tryptophan (when Prozac came out). We will have to see how the future goes.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote