View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 10:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Attack the Attorney

If this sounds like a fun game to any of you out there, help me play. I will come back and update on the results.

Long story short. I had an injury at work almost two years ago. I had two surgeries neither fixed the problem. I have been diagnosed with RSD with a positive bone scan. I have all symptoms from just above the left knee down to my foot. I have been cut off of allbenefits. No meds, no doc, no money. I saw an Independent doc (IME), who said, "amazing! he is healed. There is nothing wrong anymore". Not necessarily like this I guess. He says nothing wrong. I know that there is something wrong. Several other doctors I have gone to know something is wrong.

So to counteract and trump the insurance IME, the attorney sends me to a IME of his own. He does exactly what we expected and agreed with my other doctors. That is were we are.

Now the issue. My lawyer is trying to settle in the letter he sent to worker's comp. I am going to meet with him tomorrow to clarify exactly what is going on. I have only spoken to his paralegal once in the last couple of months and not spoken to him at all. I need help.

Tomorrow I will go into his office with a list of questions and will expect some rather detailed answers. Obviously, he should have thought this step through in depth before attempting to get a settlement from the insurance company with informing me of the details first. Hopefully he has because I will be prepared. I am a member of other RSD groups and have compiled a list of questions to ask him. This is where you here come in to play. If you would like to help me "ATTACK THE ATTORNEY" please join in. Any questions that you think I should ask, please let me know. Anything that you may have been blindsided by in you own case. I am having trouble focussing lately. Anything will help. Thanks alot, J.
fishnchef is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote