View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 12:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Re: Muscle weakness

I have been finally diagnose correctly a couple months ago from MS to PN. Yahoo! or not. All the glucose and blood work, skin biopsy come back normal. 2005 a spinal tap came back above normal protein level. Anyway, I to am on gabapentin. Found it had nothing to do with the muscle weakness in my arms and legs. Its frustrating..even folding laundry is a chore. I cannot stand for periods of time in one spot and my balance..well lets say I hope I never get pulled over for a DUI check...I totally fail on balance.

So this wll be a strong issue on next Neuro Dr. appt. The Gab stopped the burning to but everyday pain is an issue. I will take an oxcodine or a vicodin if really hurting and it helps.

I wish I could wave a magic wand and make all of feel better.... Best regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHorst99 View Post
I've been dealing with PN for about a year with gabapentin succesfully most of the burning sensations for the last 4 months or so. I'm still currently labeled "idopathic", but I'm seeing my neuro on Monday with results of my latest tests.

It's been steadily progressing and in the last month, it's progressed into my hands along with muscle weakness -- most notable in arms and shoulders.

Has anyone found anything that can help deal with the muscle weakness and associated fatigue?

Thanks,

Ed
ldlordel@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote