View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 04:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Exclamation Help with symptoms

Hello, My name is Danielle and I was wondering if you folks might be able to help me. I had a Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (weight loss surgery) in April of 2007 and got pregnant 6 months later. The pregnancy went fine besides loosing a ton more weight and hardly being able to keep food down for most of the time. 3 months post partum I have developed numbness and tingling in my hands and feet and sometimes I have really bad pain in my spine with zappy feelings in my back. My muscles feel weak sometimes and twitch a lot. I feel overwhelmed with depression and sometimes have full blown panic attacks. I am afraid I am dying. The soles of my feet and my hands turn bright red and feel so numb sometimes. I lost the tastebuds on half of my tongue (They grew back in a week) and get white patches inside my right cheek (Like I bit my cheek while chewing). I get a rash on my arms when I carry something. Not like a raised bumpy rash, but a rash like under my skin,blotchy red. It goes away in a few minutes. I wake up at night in a panic and have a hard time going back to sleep. I get dizzy when I first stand up and I get constipated a lot.(sorry, TMI) Also my hands and feet get cold a lot. I am losing hair like crazy. I have dry skin and chapped lips chronically. My hands shake a lot too. Sorry this is so scatterbrained sounding, that is just how my brain is lately. I have three children, only one was born post VSG. I read that weight loss surgery can sometimes bring MS on in patients. I am considering going to a Rhumatologist, but fear that they will tel me the same that they tell all of you. "It's in your head, here is some zoloft, etc. "

I have been blood tested and had 2 MRI, one on my brain and one on my Upper spine. I got the results from both of them. I do not kow how to read them. My Neuro said he does not think I have MS. But what is wrong with me? I have been told also by blood tests that I am Vitamin B and Vitamin D deficient. However, My ANA blood titer was 1:80, I was told that was a "Low Positive".

I know you get a lot of us newbies in here and probably get tired of repeating yourself. I am a mom of threee, sitting here crying, sticken with fear that I am dying and will not be able to raise my children. I am crying out asking for Any feedback. I will be sooo grateful!!!

Thank you!
Kelsolake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote