Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHorst99 View Post
Very interesting feedback for a couple reasons:

1. Although my glucose levels and A1c numbers have been normal, I just had a 2-hour glucose intolerance test done since I read about a number of cases where they had "normal" numbers for their everyday tests, but failed a later glucose tolerance test. I find out the results on Monday with my next visit to my neuro. In a strange way, I'm hoping I've failed and can be labeled "pre-diabetic" so that I have something definitive to work on.

2. Your "neck stenosis" suggestion is, again, spot on. Even before the muscle weakness became more noticeable, my neuro and I were talking about getting an MRI done of my neck because.... 5 years ago, I had two discs removed in my neck. During the surgery, he did a lot of a lot of clean-up of arthritis. Based on what I'm experiencing now, if I didn't have the PN feelings in my feet/legs first, I would be immediately guessing that I'm having another issue with my neck.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Ed
Ed, you can have a fasting INSULIN run. It is easier than the GTT. Elevated levels indicate you are insulin resistant.

In some ways this is a more valuable test as it does not require so much interpretation.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote