View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 04:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi all,

A month before I had surgery on my rsd foot (this past Aug 08) I started to take the following vitamins:

• Multi-Vitamin
• Vitamin B complex 50 mg
• Calcium 500 mg
• Vitamin D 400 mg 3 x per day
• Vitamin C 1000 mg 3x per day
• Fish Oil 1000 mg 3 x per day

Post surgery I started Serrapeptase 90,000 I.U. 3 x per day an anti-inflammatory enzyme. Since taking this enzyme I have much improved range of motion and less pain.

Is this improvement a result of this product, the fact that the metal was removed from my foot, the vitamins, the increased frequency of IV lidocaine or all of the above? I'm not sure but I'm happy with results overall. Still not pain free but it is very manageable.

I just returned from my vacation so I am feeling the effects of flying. After my outbound flight it took 3 days to calm down the heightened sensitivity, the rest of my vacation I was in good shape and able to walk with limited pain and full range of motion. We just got home yesterday and I will have to see how I do on this end. We came back to 4 feet of snow and unable to drive to our house. It was a real challenge just to get into the house from the street.

Recently my PT pointed out to me that the new nail growth on my rsd foot appears to be much healthier. There is a clear pre/post surgery distinction line on my toe nails especially on my big toe.

Overall I feel healthier and stronger so I'll stick to this.

Happy New Year to you all.
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote