View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 05:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Karen,

What a moving story. I am sorry that you had to go through all that/this mess. I am sorry for anyone going through this. I have been borrowing money to keep afloat. I know what you are saying.

Someone on the other forum, today, found out that they had had a death in their family. I think you and I can both agree that, even though it is awful, this disease has made us stronger people and really put life itself into perspective. It makes us stronger if we are willing to see through the pain to the overall appreciation for what we do have.

Best wishes and thank you for the response.
J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalenaFaolan View Post
I had pretty much the same thing happen to me. All wc docs are paid by them and they say whatever they're told to say. In florida there is no lifetime medical so it really didn't matter when I settled out. They weren't going to give me enough to ever last me for long anyway. The lawyer should not have started as low as he did though. First bid was 80K and after that you can only go down, not up.

I settled a year and a half after it began. They figured my case at settlement by totaling up the amount they spent on my case to that point, then figured how much money they would spend over the next year. I suppose that gave them some kind of "base" amount. *shrugs* It's all stupid if you ask me. We bantered back and forth finally settling on an amount. I was pretty desperate as we had gotten 2 hurricanes in 3 weeks and had lost everything, just about, that we owned and were homeless.

If this lawyer isn't doing what's best for you though, don't hesitate to find another lawyer and fire this one! Settling is always an individual decision based on your own case factors. Is it worth fighting for? Only you can answer that one.

Since I'm not sure what kinds of questions you're all set to ask him I'm not sure what to add. Just thought I'd put out what I went through, a little.

Hugs,

Karen

"Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when His glory is revealed." (1st Peter 4:12-13)
fishnchef is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote