View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 12:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks Ann and others, but too many casualties in TOS war

I appreciate you all for your thoughts of caring, and I realize you all or most of you are in similar positions, either considering TOS surgery or having had it, some suffering more than others from surgery or before. But I think the risks of surgery are simply too high--without OBVIOUS test that are standard and regulated closely to determine if taking a rib out and neck muscles will help a person or not. I think the Medical Board should get involved and the ethics committees at each hospital and NOT let these LONE surgeons like AHN, and AVERY do their own thing. Perhaps Ahn is not doing these surgeries alone but he is now no longer with UCLA--and that should tell you something. Avery did mine SOLO--no colleague helping. That is a RED FLAG to me. Did he not want to share the income?? or can he not tolerate a colleague in there with him?? or will no one dare to do this surgery with him in the way he does it?? All of these questions come to mind. I realize that maybe in some severe cases something must be done to try to help an individual and I would never want that person's choice taken away--I just want there to be SAFE choices out there--not wild cards like I got. No one deserves what I got. And I'm sorry to anyone suffering from a bad surgical outcome like me--not to forget the abuse of BOTOX by Jordan. Best, Triste
Triste is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote