View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 09:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymjunkie View Post
Mom in Pain

Afterm my lumbar sympathetic block I was in a lot of pain for about a week. I could hardly move and felt as though I had been trampled by a herd of horses!! In the UK they are much less inclined to give sedation for this procedure - I had none at all - just the local anaesthetic injected at the site of the injection. Although the needle doesn't enter the spine so its not as invasive and painful as an epidural or lumbar puncture, it still passes through a lot of muscles and other soft tissue so you can expect it to be pretty painful afterwards. I'd keep an eye though and let your doc know if you feel unhappy about the healing process.
Holy cow!!! No sedation??? That is horrible. I was pretty much OUT of it......I am hyper so they dosed me up really well. The only thing I remember was that liquid acid fire they injected into my IV (AFTER they gave me the drowsy meds, I may add.....a rude awakening with some pretty colorful explicatives on my part). I would imagine that would make you hurt WORSE......being tense and awake while the needle went in. I'm so sorry for you. Did you have more than one??? How long did they wait for your second???

I thought it was MORE invasive than an epidural (or at least more risky) because it was going straight into the ganglion root??? I have no idea......I'm just glad I was out for it.

My second injection is tomorrow. I hope it works. My symptoms seem to be coming back more than I realized they had gone. I SWEAR my cute little toes have gotten bigger on that foot.
MominPainRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote