View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 05:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You bet, I'd like to hang with you awhile--we're all survivors! I have to say I was always optmistic and happy--what a gift from God. I can't say how I would have been dealing with all the pain and surgeries required of you at
a developmental age. Perhaps, I would have dealt with things differently if I
was hit with something so hard at a tender age. At 37, married, responsible
for a 3 year old--my priorities were in tact. I make fun of my stroke, it gives me a sense of power over it--the upper hand--albeit the right hand only as the left is only good for decorating.

Well, you asked not to give anything away--and I hate to spoil the
ending--but I lived! I continue to suffer hemiparesis on my left side--lots of tone/spasticity pain--fatigue and very frequently resort to naps. If I dwelled on it, it would consume me and I weouldn't be able to function--I make it take a backseat. Rory's 12 now and suffers alot of anxiety for what he witnessed in those early years.

I can give you some pointers about getting a book published. I originally self-published last year under the title, P.S. Julia missing a piece of your mind can be puzzling--it went to the bestseller list in Boston in less than 2 months, and that created a buzz--ultimately it went to auction in NYC with several publishers. HarperCollins has been great--like family. I recommend to everyone to self-publish first--for many reasons. In fact I'll be doing a lecture at a Havard CME course on the publishing aspect. Thoughts in your head is how it starts--but you're probably ready to move to an outline next--I dictated into a digital recorder because of my paralysis. Get going my friend--you'll do something for yourself as well as help others!

Lizard, I have a big mouth too--you must know that from reading my book
love, -julia
pinhead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote