View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 12:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default re surgery in 2 days

Hi LSUsball2010,

main things to remember....stay calm...try not to think about the surgery just go with the flow....I didn't get stressed and I think that helps a lot. Of course you are gonna be afraid of the unknown. Recovery time is different for each person esp. depending on which surgical route the surgeon wishes to perform. If you have a chest tube it will make a difference.

I am not gonna lie to you, I felt hit by a train. It was painful but they gave me medication to cope. ALWAYS ASK FOR MEDS IF YOU ARE IN PAIN....NEVER A NEED FOR YOU TO SUFFER ASK FOR SOMETHING TO HELP YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! can't stress that enough. Recovery for me for complete back to normal...well normal is relative as my PT wrecked my surgery as I stated before but it took a great few months to feel normal again....at least four before I was feeling half decent and could sleep lying down.

just always have help at hand....your friends for moral support and your folks for help with your day to day stuff at home...I was 32 when I had the surgery and felt like a little girl again as my Mom was washing my hair, helping with my dressing on my incision and doing all my laundry agian...a big change for me at 32 used to running my own place...however I'm sure at 16 you are well used to your folks helping u.....just don't be ever afraid to ask for something....my most embarrasing thing was I had my period right when I went for surgery so had to get help with PADS which I never used but you sure as heck can't put your own tampons in as you can't move that way for a while.

If you want more moral support I'll check here later or you can PM me and I'll try to answer your specific questions.....again....go in with an open mind and no fear....just take one thing at a time and don't feel overwhelmed. Never be afraid to ask ANYBODY for any help at any time!!!!!!!

take care and good luck with your surgery hope we hear from you again as your Physio will be the next thing to tackle....my Physio wrecked my surgery results so be very very very careful who you go to for your physio!!!

love and hugs,
Victoria

How poor are they who have not patience!
What wound did ever heal but by degrees.

gibbrn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (01-07-2009)