Old 01-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

MY IMEs.
the first one was actually an expert and the very nice case worker really did help me.
But it was my first injury {RSI- repetitive strain injury} and I recovered well after 9 months away from the assembly work. { a few months off & then light duty}
Anyway i had no clue how these injuries could become a chronic problem even though the IME dr did say that in his report and my dr at the time mentioned it too.
So silly me thinking i was indestructible
returned to my high speed assembly job with my type A work behaviors.
Multiple RSI, shoulder strain injuries later I was back in the wc system.

next 2 IMEs were with the same guy 2 yrs apart {diff dr that the first IME} - his report said the same thing both times...{I didn't request a copy the first time because I didn't know of that option}
So finally read both reports after the denial when I got an atty and he sent me copies.
essentially IME I was a malingerer and was trying to get permanent light duty..
Oh I didn't realize he was a psych Dr too NOT!!!

my main problem was that I could get healed beyond the pain and symptoms and that was when they would set the IME appt.
But as soon as they returned me to work My symptoms would return and I'd get re injured.
So to me it showed a that i do have a mild chronic condition that is easily aggravated by even moderate repetitive work.

I'm getting off track sorry..

To offset the 'bad" IME you need strong dr reports from your drs and an atty that will dispute and prove with your drs reports that the IME is totally wrong.

And your drs need to explain in the reports the long term /chronic issues and ongoing treatments that are needed.

And of course it needs to be proved that this was because of the actual injury in question.

Last edited by Jomar; 01-09-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Jomar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fishnchef (01-14-2009)