View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 12:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy

I've heard this is a pitfall for pitchers. So sorry you're in this spot.

I've not had surgery but I have suffered a lot by not having surgeryn (7 years of pure heck and now it's very tolerable and I'm experienced, I guess). I would not want a 16-year-old to miss out on so much because you can't...... can't........ can't ...... ... and can't some more...... and then some more!!!!!!!!

I would get a 2nd opinion. Let your parents check out the reputation of the surgeons and hospitals for you specific surgery. Be thorough about that, to the point of annoying the facility. If they're good, they'll brag. I had contact with one of my surgeon's patients, and she bragged on his care and experience. You can postpone a while if necessary. I hate to say that but I'd want to be sure. It seems to be a fickle surgery and recovery. So they need to ask questions.

Check out the PT care in your area, specific to your postsurgical needs. PT has to understand your situation and I would want them experienced or talking with an experienced PT, or getting good direction from a qualified postsurgical TOS person regularly. I know my surgeon has PT in-house but I'm 3 hours away. Their PT person talks with my PT person.

Your chances are probably greater than most for a great recovery because of your age. I understand it would be major surgery, so you're probably not prepared for that. You'll have to listen to your doctors, parents and caregivers to get you though it. It will be over, though. You will come though it, in time. So, my best hopes and prayers for you. May you recover Godspeed
(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote