View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 02:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silly me! View Post
I just recently bought cottage cheese, and I was having such a hard time taking it in. But im getting better at it, it would help if I knew wht went good with it. Tuna and egg sounds good and I've already sarted the whole wheat eating! Im wondering if whole wheat carbs are bad at night though, since I sometimes cook egg whites and slap a slice of cheese with two slices of whole grain wheat. Sometimes I just tell my poor husband to cook! I just can't stand to cook all the foods my kids and hubby wanna eat. Thank goodness he is supportive!lol as far as the rice goes, I can't eat brown rice, no matter wht I put on it. Its just so gross to me. Is there a brand or substitute for it that taste as good as regular rice and healthy for you?
Silly Me --

I love cottage cheese, so I don't have any trouble eating it. I don't know; I sometimes just cook a regular meal for my family, that includes starches, and eat cottage cheese instead of the starch for me.

I don't know what the nutritionist would say about whole wheat products for dinner. She, personally, has cut out most gluten in her own diet. I don't think I could manage that. But, I'd have to think that whole wheat starches would be better for you than those with lots of white flour, no matter what time of day.

I also like brown rice. I prefer the texture to the softeness of white rice. But, my daughter doesn't care for it. I find that she doesn't complain (or, possibly even notice) if I mix 1/2 brown rice with 1/2 white rice. It actually tends to resemble white rice and the brown rice is barely detectable.

~ Faith
Began receiving SSDI 11/2008
FaithS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote