Thread: red skin
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 06:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyRI View Post
I get almost the same exact rash - had one last night as the latest northeaster was forming here off the coast of southern New England. Mine sometimes goes up into my face. And it gets itchy! Occasionally I get the little spots that itch, too. I try not to scratch them because they hurt.

My RSD started in my right shoulder, then spread to my neck and head and is now flairing up basically everywhere. The rashes were isolated to the shoulder area for the first month or so.

Weather is awful here today! Pouring rain and in the mid 30's. YUK!!

Sandy
Sandy,
Hi!
My RSD started in my right shoulder too, from a rotator cuff tear and spread from a bankart repair surgery to repair it. Mine goes up my face too. Just like Heather you will notice that makeup covers some of it. When I went to the Bare Minerals counter, They said "you don't need the warmth (the blush) you have enough color". Ha! Imagine that! Just a little powder and the blush is au natural! LOL Scratching seems to be more pain that one would imagine and sometimes tears my fragile skin. Today I hit my ankle bone on an open drawer corner in the bathroom, and (OMG) I just about passed out from the pain. I have been suffering today from that small bump. It is just incredible! I am always amazed at how my body reacts to little a bump. I just looked at my ankle as I was writing the post and my ankle is really swollen. Great...just a little more madness. My best to you...Thanks for sharing. Di
DianaA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote