View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Sandy,

The eye teeth or incisors, teeth #11 and 6 can have long roots. However, an oral surgeon or a dentist with alot of oral surgery experience can remove those teeth without a problem. No it should not hurt.

Our eye teeth, 6 and 11, are considered the cornerstone of our upper arch and it is important to replace them temporarily during the healing phase of the extraction and then permanently once the area has healed.

Temporary replacement can be a removable partial denture that either has just that tooth on it or that tooth plus any other missing teeth on the top with exception to the wisdom teeth. Permanent replacement once the area has completely healed could be either another removable partial denture or a dental implant (depending on the health and stability of the bone) or a multi unit fixed bridge.

Your wisdom tooth....... If your wisdom tooth is causing root resorption on your second molar, then it should be removed. This type of resorption will progress and you will eventually end up losing the second molar as well. Is that where the resorption is located??

How did your consult go today?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy60 View Post
Thanks again. I am having the consult today but another question. Is extraction of 11 painful? I have heard that it's the toughest tooth to pull although my dentist said the root doesn't look as long as most. I am asking because even though I have been awake for the last 3 extractions which took about 2 minutes, this scares me and maybe I'd be better off with iv sedation. What has your experience been with your patients? How long does it usually take and do you feel any pain? Another question is can the resorption on the wisdom tooth just stay that way forever and never need to come out? Third questions, what do they give you to temporarily put in the place of a tooth like 11 that shows, while you're healing and have to go outside and not look like a jack-o-lantern :-(
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote