View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 07:26 PM
visitor

15 yr Member
visitor

15 yr Member

The wisdom tooth at this point is not interfering with the one in front of it but he is reviewing my cat scan overnight. Here is what happened though with the immediate problem...11 has to come out and I am doing it tomorrow. I am choosing iv sedation because it's just too stressful for me, after just having another tooth extracted. He said he wants to do a bone graft in case I want an implant and even if I don't, he said it's important. Bryanna, I am so scared that this will make things more complicated for me. I just wanted a simple extraction. Our parents and grandparents didn't have grafts done and got bridges...why is this necessary? I am afraid of complications, more pain, I just wanted to keep this simple. Will I have more pain from the graft? I guess I don't want too many details of what can go wrong because I will not be able to sleep but I want to know if grafts can cause more pain. He said he puts a powder in from a bone bank, then collagen, then stitches. I'd need stitches anyway so it doesn't seem like the powder should make it hurt more but I don't know. I am going tomorrow so if you get to this post before then, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much as always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Sandy,

The eye teeth or incisors, teeth #11 and 6 can have long roots. However, an oral surgeon or a dentist with alot of oral surgery experience can remove those teeth without a problem. No it should not hurt.

Our eye teeth, 6 and 11, are considered the cornerstone of our upper arch and it is important to replace them temporarily during the healing phase of the extraction and then permanently once the area has healed.

Temporary replacement can be a removable partial denture that either has just that tooth on it or that tooth plus any other missing teeth on the top with exception to the wisdom teeth. Permanent replacement once the area has completely healed could be either another removable partial denture or a dental implant (depending on the health and stability of the bone) or a multi unit fixed bridge.

Your wisdom tooth....... If your wisdom tooth is causing root resorption on your second molar, then it should be removed. This type of resorption will progress and you will eventually end up losing the second molar as well. Is that where the resorption is located??

How did your consult go today?

Bryanna
sandy60 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote