View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

...stands up and states:

I AM A TWITCHER!

Yes on the eyelid, below the eyelid, down the cheek, upper and lower lip, all on the right side. There's been times when I was relapsing that I had right-sided facial spasms because of it or with it? It always starts with the eyelid twitching. Sometimes I don't move to worse twitching, because now i know that heat will exacerbate it and I am more careful.

The first time the face spazzed I was in a nice hot shower (before I knew what that does to me while relapsing!) and it happened. I leaped out of the shower to look in the mirror and it was like a caricature, all twisted up and high up compared to the left side! I sort of pulled on it to get it back to where it belonged and just held it down. Once I cooled down, it was back to normal! It scared me until I talked to the doc and he reassured me that it wouldn't stay like that. After that when it happened, I could laugh about it and show it off to the fiance.

I also find that if I put a fingertip on it and apply pressure for a few minutes it will sometimes calm it. It doesn't always work. It feels like there's an electrical current running through it, even when it's not outwardly visible. I can still feel it and so can others when I put their fingertip on the spot.

It's annoying, but it does go away.

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote