View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 10:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Nancy,
I had a rupture before my clipping so my recovery was much longer. This i do know
You will probably have a catheter in your bladder to drain your urine. Also a central line IV, usually from the large vein at your clavical area upper chest, that way meds are given and blood can be drawn without so many punctures. I was hooked up to a heart monitor and oxygen tubing, but again i will stress I had a rupture so you may not have some of these, best to ask your neurosurgeon.
You will need to sleep alot and will probably have some headaches with a foggy head. Depending on where the incision is there will be some hair shaving of your head shaved, unless your doc is sympathitic to your vanity, mine wasen't. The need to sleep is overwelming at first, but your body needs it to heal so give in to it. Make and freeze some meals ahead of time or if friends ask what can we do tell them to send meals, you won't feel like house hold chores for a while and shouldn't be doing them. I wish you the very best,
Ruth
Ruthie1959 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote