View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 12:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi Beth,

Welcome! Yes, the symptoms listed sound post-concussion: dizziness, headache, nausea, and confusion. All are common effects. Depending upon the severity of your concussion (traumatic brain injury-tbi), your symptoms should begin to fade as time passes. Some people continue to fight the symptoms for the rest of their life - though their injuries are more severe.

I definitely agree with the previous poster about seeing your general practitioner for a follow-up. Hopefully, you've seen him/her regularly for a long period of time, and they will be able to give you a better idea of what to expect. Do check out the sites below. The first is fabulous at explaining the entire process of TBI- injury, recovery, acceptance, loved ones, etc. http://www.tbiguide.com

I survived a mild TBI, after slipping on the ice 3/07. I had intracraneal bleeding, and was watched by neurosurgery - but didn't need a flint, thankfully . A few of the post-injury symptoms have remained a part of my life: confusion, memory (but that was bad before the fall- now it's just really bad!), headache, and unable to multi-task. That multi-task one is a very tricky skill that people take for granted, until they lose that ability.

I wish you the best of luck & hope you fully recover very soon !

Last edited by Curious; 01-08-2009 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Per Nt Guidelines Re links
shezbut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pono (01-08-2009)