View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 01:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUsball2010 View Post
I am sixteen years old and am trying to prepare myself for surgery in just two days. . . Im having my first rib removed, my scalene muscle removed, and two others in my neck. I am a softball pitcher and worried about my recovery time.
Hi there!

Sorry you have to have surgery... Did you have a blood clot? I had the same surgery and it went well. My advice for you is to take it easy when you get home - its tough to sit around when you are used to being active, but give yourself some time to heal, you wont regret it. And find a good physical therapist so you can quickly and safely regain your strength.

It took me about a month to start to feel really good after the surgery - and about two months before I felt like I had the same strength in my right arm and shoulder (where I had surgery) as I did on my left and my motivation was that I wanted to resume my sport really bad too, but I was almost 20 years older than you when I had surgery. So I would suspect that you should heal up pretty quick.

Google pitcher Aaron Cook from the Colorado Rockies - he had the same thing as you and I do and he still pitches for the Rockies - like its no problem!

Best of luck to you and please let us know how everything goes for you. I would like to hear about your recovery process as well. You will be in my thoughts and prayers two days from now! Keep in touch!

Anna
mtnmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote