View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 07:06 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Dear Alffe,
Yes, of course I understood it was about trying to "make sense of suicide".

I did read and understand their point. I was really hoping for more input about the topic from others actually. I sometimes think we tend to feel more than we think or do. I include myself although sometimes I think too much!!!

I think it's a very important point that the author was making.

I doubt if I had a hundred more years that I'll ever be able to make sense of it all. Coming from both a personal level and also from a more scientific perspective, I think that there is more to IT than what is currently being studied.

I wonder about genetics.

I wonder about predisposition to conditions that may affect the way we think, but mostly I've come to think about impulse.

I also was reading on the PsychCentral site today about how if a person has attempted suicide at some time in their life then they're at so much greater risk of it happening again.

I *see*/read people talking and able to share thoughts here and I see what good that must be really and truly. For the life of me though, I don't think it's all about secrets and family problems or conditions like depression wholly.

just my thoughts for what they're worth.

Let's talk about IT
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (01-08-2009), barbo (01-08-2009), Burntmarshmallow (01-08-2009), mistiis (01-08-2009), Nik-key (01-09-2009), Wren (01-08-2009)