Thread: red skin
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 09:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hi Diana,

I tore my rotator cuff in Nov 2006, had my first repair in May of 2007 and the second in April of 2008. My PM doc thinks the RSD started the day I hurt myself. I went into a major RSD flair the summer after the 2nd surgery, the doc said the aggressive PT by the orthopedic therapists (i.e."RSI") instigated it. At the end of the summer the RSD began to spread everywhere, the worst has been the impact on the side of my neck and the back of my head.

I think because the RSD was isolated to my shoulder at first it didn't get diagnosed for a real long time. Its harder to see the swelling there vs. a hand or a foot.

Now I'm working on getting better. I take about 20 pills a day, go to a different PT who has experience with RSD and is WONDERFUL, and started getting SGB with a great medical team in Boston. (I was supposed to get my 2nd block today but its been rescheduled for tomorrow.) If the blocks don't work I hope to be able to try lidocaine or ketamine next.

How did you hurt yourself? What treatments have been successful for you? Did you ever get your strength back in your arm and shoulder? How about ROM? MY PM doc says that repetitve motions are a big "no-no" for me. I worry that I'll never be able to resume doing all the housework and yardwork that I did before I hurt myself.

Good to "chat" with you, please keep in touch!

Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote