View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 09:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBeth View Post
Hi everyone,

I am new here. I did a google search to find out more info about concussions and headaches and landed her.

I slipped on ice and hit my head 8 days ago. I was unconcious briefly but pretty much remember everything. I went to the ER and they did a CT and said everything was clear. I did have a concussion and to take it easy for a few days.

I wake up everyday with pressure in my head and a headache. This morning the nausea was bad too. I feel so slow. I am sure it will take time to heal.

One thing bothers me. I will be doing..or trying....to do a task. Like putting on a coat and gloves and it takes me time to figure out that I need to put down the gloves to put on my coat first. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but I find myself staring trying to figure out the order of things. Just simple tasks. But then I can do other things no problem. Is this pretty typical?

It is nice to be able to talk to others and read about others experiences.

Have a nice day...
Beth
Hi Beth, it is really important to get plenty of rest.

Scientific studies by neurologists in the Netherlands show that 1 week of relaxing at home and then a week of gradually increasing activity after leaving the hospital is best for most patients. Most of the patients who took this advice were back to normal at work or school in 3 to 4 weeks. Most of the patients who weren't told what to do took 5 to 12 weeks to get back to their normal routine. They also had more postconcussion symptoms, especially irritability, trouble concentrating, and memory problems than the patients who returned to their routines gradually.

Take care of yourself
seiko is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussed Scientist (01-07-2010)