View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 10:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post
Hi there!

Sorry you have to have surgery... Did you have a blood clot? I had the same surgery and it went well. My advice for you is to take it easy when you get home - its tough to sit around when you are used to being active, but give yourself some time to heal, you wont regret it. And find a good physical therapist so you can quickly and safely regain your strength.

It took me about a month to start to feel really good after the surgery - and about two months before I felt like I had the same strength in my right arm and shoulder (where I had surgery) as I did on my left and my motivation was that I wanted to resume my sport really bad too, but I was almost 20 years older than you when I had surgery. So I would suspect that you should heal up pretty quick.

Google pitcher Aaron Cook from the Colorado Rockies - he had the same thing as you and I do and he still pitches for the Rockies - like its no problem!

Best of luck to you and please let us know how everything goes for you. I would like to hear about your recovery process as well. You will be in my thoughts and prayers two days from now! Keep in touch!

Anna

Hearing about the Colorado Rockies pitcher makes me feel a lot better. I can't postpone the surgery because I can't waste time getting back into my softball routine and Ive been having constant pain for the last year or so. . . But we have researched a lot about TOS and the surgeon I will be going to. He's suppose to be one of the best in the country so it gives me some relief. His name is Dr. Thompson out of St. Louis, MO. This surgery seems to be the right thing to do and definitely the last resort, after months and months of physical therapy; I suppose Im just nervous considering its going to take place so soon. Thank you for all of the support
LSUsball2010 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (01-08-2009), gibbrn (01-08-2009), Jomar (01-08-2009)