View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 11:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Weight loss has never been a problem. Pre Parkinson's (pre 1996) and doing extensive multi sport training (swimming cycling running) my weight was around 86kg (185plus ibs) From 1999 until most of 2008 my weight was a steady 76kg. (170lb) ideal for a 6ft individual. 2008 I dropped to 63kg over a four month period. Not one for weighing myself on a regular basis it was others around me that noticed the lean mean fighting machine look (not)

My weight loss can be attributed to the burning the midnight oil over the same four month period and eating on the run as I was involved in moving (selling} part of a business to its new owners. it's the kind of stuff I enjoy doing aind it was up to the Parkies to keep up.

Parkie, being the pernicious little rascal he can be decided "weight loss" will sort this (as this is a family show I cannot possibly print the word(s)) out. And it did. I was concerned enough to mention it on Carolyn's thread in mid December.

Weight loss is part of the advancing stages of Parkinson's. Thankfully in my case it was the skipped meals combined with the work load that shed the weight.) Already I have managed to bang on a massive 3.5kg, steroid free And much of that is due to buying and then following the advice in Katherynne Holden's book "Eat Well, Stay Well with Parkinson's Disease" and her "Cook Well, Stay Well with Parkinson's Disease" Tena had supplied th information on K.H's literary genius via this forum around the same time.

Great reading all the threads on this subject. Some of you are real light weights.(Hey Ron) Kinda makes me feel F.....A......T.

GO HARD>>>>SCIENCE
Howardh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote