View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 12:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi Erin,

I think we all have had to deal w/ that issue, but to different degrees. I would strongly suggest that you give them some unbiased, written info. I found the info on the MGFA website-a note to caregivers (or titled something likethat?) is helpful. I think because often people don't SEE the MG illness, it is hard for them to grasp.

Hang in there & take care of you. Give your loved ones some time, and encourage them to educate themselves. Remember that it is not you, and that it is a process for everyone, your family & friends too! Keep the faith!

Nancy Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinhermes View Post
Hello all! I was wondering how you deal with family members that are bitter about your illness? I have always been the caregiver for my family - dad had a stroke, mom has a mental illness, gram had a heart transplant, etc, - but since my illness, it seems that my family (some members) actually RESENT my being ill!

They can't seem to get it through their thick skulls that I cannot do everything I did before......it is so darn frustrating!!! Some family members call this my "lazy bone" disease or tell me to "suck it up" - AUGH!!!!!

If any of you do have this problem, how do YOU handle it?

Thanks for your help!
Erin
nancylee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
erinhermes (01-11-2009)