View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 02:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxiemama View Post
SweetP,

You are not suffering from victim mentality!!!! You have had so many things happen to you in the past year that if I was in the same position as you I would feel like a victim too. I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend. It takes a special person to understand all that is involved with living and loving a person with MS-but they do exist. As far as your symptoms go-stress, which is what you are going through, definitely makes your symptoms worse.

First, I'm glad you found us, NT is a wonderful place, full of wonderful and supportive people. You are not alone.

Check with you local MS for resources and support. I have always felt that having a friend with MS to share experiences and fears with is so important.

You might want to consider applying for disability. I know it's hard to do, I did it last February. Talk with your neurologist.

I know it's easy for me to say, but try to count your blessings. You may have to look for them first.

I hope I didn't sound preachy. When I read your post I thought to myself- I don't know how I would cope with all that you are going through. Don't be too critical of yourself.

Hang in there!!!

Hugs from Doxie
Doxie: Thanks so much. I have always been told that I am a very positive person and someone who lifts others up, so this comment came as a blow to me. I am always counting my blessings. I started something after I was diagnosed and I put it on my refrigerator that says "I thank God for" and then I fill in a few everyday. I have a stack of pens and pencils of different colors and as people visiti and my kid's friends visit they all write in things that they are grateful for. I must say that that has helped. I am a child of the great and living God, so I know that it is all for a reason. Disability... well I am really close to doing that but it means living with my mom for two years while I apply. She is 86 and that would be hard for her. I know I would feel better, but I have two children to support. I am a divorced mother of two teenagers. I thought I was doing ok, until this comment. I just want to make sure that I am not whining too much. Thanks. This site has really helped me.

Hugs.

Sweet P
SweetP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote