View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 02:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Come On Up On The Porch...

Well jest looky who showed up today!! Its sho nuff glad to see ya Ms Nita...yep, I'm doing right as rain falls sho nuff. I been meaning to get around to seeing ya, mighty lazy I've been. People don't visit like they did back in other days...people used to get together fer fish fries, BBQs and the like.

Tweren't no special 'casions back then, folks jest liked being with all ya friends in one place. Yep, I sho do miss em...seems like everybody got to run here, jump there and hop around like they pants on fire. Folks jest don't seem to have time to do restful thangs no more. Why last week I saw ole Mosey down at the WalMart...he was going so fast like he wuz in a buggy race with that buggy.lol He nearin 90 yrs old I reckon...what he hurrin for, early grave?lol People wuz scurrin to get outta his way and he runnin all over the isles...I sho glad I wuz behind him!

People need to slow down, things ain't goin no where and ifn they do, guess you didn't need it to begin with or it'd still be there. Folks think the important things is the newest movie or game they need for family time...ain't got nuthin to do with a movie or game. Being together is what life is about...sitting around the table until way after the desert is gone. Breathin in and smellin the baking of a good ole Crisco pound cake or pecan pie.

Just takin time to slow down and listen to folks tell things about their life. Oh yeah...old folks have the best stories...like that time ole Mr Hosley tried to ride that bull home. lol Yep, he sho nuff was lucky all he got wuz a broke finger...crazy as a hoot owl he wuz. Remember that time Pink took the shotgun thinking it was a .22 rifle and gonna shoot rats at the barn. That ole rascal wuz always gettin in trouble...he aimed ole Bouncin Betty and got a bead on one o those rats and pulled the trigger! Bammm! Ya heard that shot half mile away and ole Pink bounced back about three feet on his behind!

The look on his face!! I swear by Aunt Fannie's underware I'll never forget the look on his face...he looked like he been caught get honey outta ole Brantley's beehive. Yep, folks need to slow down and enjoy life...not rush around like them chickens with their heads missing. Yep, slow down and rest, spend some time with friends and family on a porch...just swinging, rockin, laughing bout folks shenannigins...live longer sho nuff...

Well, lets mosey down to my favorite fishin spot and watch the cork bobble...yep...just slow life down...enjoy the best it has...

Momma's Kids is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FranksAngel (01-13-2009)