View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I'm sorry you're going through so much right now. It's hard to be positive when negative things are coming at you from all sides. My advice is to concentrate on one thing at a time....don't try to fix everything at once.

Also, look for the positive in each situation (that's a HUGE challenge sometimes!!) Take this time that you're single to concentrate on yourself. Do things you want to do.

I've had to leave my job of 15 years just this past year due to MS and that was really hard. My husband passed away before I was dx with MS....so I had to deal with all of that dx drama by myself. It was hard but it sure did prove to me that I'm a stronger person than I thought I was!

Anyone who would tell you that you have a "victim mentality" has evidentally not encountered much strife in their life. I think we are all "victims" of something at some point in our lives. To say that you have a "victim mentality" is a huge assumption because no one really knows what someone else is actually feeling.

Frank's suggestion for something for the anxiety is a good idea. That may help you get into the mind frame of changing some of the things that you have control over. Don't push yourself too hard or try to change too many things at once or you'll just feel defeated.

I sure do hope that things get better for you.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote