View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 05:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loretta jewell View Post
Hi MominPainRSD, YEAH!!!!!

I'm so happy for you! Progress is progress. Ants even left. That's such great news. On the Lyrica, I've been on it over a year now and slowly going off. Remember, was on Neurotin 3200mg. because of dailey electric shocks, jolts, spasms. Then changed to Lyrica. I remember liking Lyrica, felt it help me with nerve pain more. The weight gain was with both drugs. If I remember right Lyrica can cause headaches in some people-I was one of them. My Dr. said I could occassionally have a glass of wine in the evening. Because I take other meds before bed, I always make sure there is at least 3 -4 hours between the meds and the wine.Same as waiting 3-4 hours before driving after taking pain meds. Because I don't have spasms, jerks, jolts, I've slowly been going down on Lyrica from 400mg. to 50 mg. and next call my Dr. and hopefully go off. And hopefully not get any symptoms back.

After I got those lesions a few weeks ago, I broke out in rash that itched and became tiny blisters from the bandaid. So skin rashes are not surprising for RSD. My Dr. has cautioned me to always wear block in the sun. I've broke out several times by being in
the sun. Please, please take it easy. I'm so happy for you getting good results from the blocks. Take care, Loretta
Yes, I suppose I should take what I can get. I figured out my right big toe pain. It's when I squeeze gently from the side.....it hurts to walk, too. Do you guys think the RSD is spreading??? Is it possible for him to give me two blocks next time?? One for each leg??? I'll call him tomorrow and let him know what is going on.

The true test will be over the next few days. I can take Advil again so I won't be taking any more Vicodin. How can I keep from gaining weight on the Lyrica??? Does it just make you hungry all the time?? Or does it change your metabolism??? I think he's got me on a very low dose.....slowly working up. I plan to stop increasing at whatever point I see some benefits. I can deal with some of the jolts/jerks. The twitching is maddening. I'm hoping the Skelaxin will help that.

Anyway, thanks for the well wishes!! I'll do what I have to do. I would love to have a day off from doctors appointments to just rest. I am so exhausted. Hope everyone else is coping well today!!!
MominPainRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote