Old 01-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by lor
I'm watching Animal Planet right now and are telling how on another Eagle Cam off the coast of Ca. They see an Eagle swoop down & pick up one chick & drop him then goes back & gets the other. Luckily the ppl found the chicks alive. One had a broken wing & one had a wounded beak. They got medical treatment & when they were OK, they were taken back to that area.
I just thought I'd write this because I am at this site.
Yes, lor.... there was an active video on the net last spring showing that attack! It was really disturbing...fast and deadly looking.

From what I could figure out, is that the Golden eagles sort of had that territory, and as the Bald eagles start to reproduce more successfully there is an overlap and competition for those breeding areas in the Catalina area. What I read is that it was thought that a Golden eagle was the attacker.

It will be interesting to see what happens this year.
I love watching the cams. They are just so moving and fascinating too.

The cam is active, but it has been dark the past two days.
I check it twice a day, just to make sure.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (01-08-2009), Chemar (01-08-2009), Curious (01-08-2009)