View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 09:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Glad the blocks seem to be working for you! Awesome!!! I am concerned about the allergic reaction you're having to something in the blocks. Sounds like it was worse than last time and that concerns me because the next block your reaction might be even worse. IMO, they should be figuring out what you're allergic to. I don't want anything to happen to you.

Don't know about it spreading but anything is possible. Best bet is to do what you're going to do and tell the doc about it.

As for the weight gain from meds, there's nothing you can do to prevent or stop it. I was taking it but just got off it a couple of weeks ago. I started taking it to get rid of the numbness in my legs and arms and it made it like 20 x's worse!! Geez....figures. I, the weird one, didn't gain an ounce....as a matter of fact I dropped another 3 pounds. I'm already severely underweight as it is. No one would have to worry if their metabolism was like mine. I sit around and keep losing weight and gain only when I'm very active. Even then it takes a long time for me to even start gaining!! *rolls eyes* Yeah....I'm definitely backward. LOLOL As far as I know it doesn't make you hungrier to where you're eating more, it's just one of the many meds out there that cause weight gain.

The skelaxin is the muscle relaxer right? Cause that's what helps with the jerking seeing as it's due to muscle spasms. Lyrica, neurontin,etc are nerve drugs.

Hugs,

Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote