View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 09:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalenaFaolan View Post
Glad the blocks seem to be working for you! Awesome!!! I am concerned about the allergic reaction you're having to something in the blocks. Sounds like it was worse than last time and that concerns me because the next block your reaction might be even worse. IMO, they should be figuring out what you're allergic to. I don't want anything to happen to you.

Don't know about it spreading but anything is possible. Best bet is to do what you're going to do and tell the doc about it.

As for the weight gain from meds, there's nothing you can do to prevent or stop it. I was taking it but just got off it a couple of weeks ago. I started taking it to get rid of the numbness in my legs and arms and it made it like 20 x's worse!! Geez....figures. I, the weird one, didn't gain an ounce....as a matter of fact I dropped another 3 pounds. I'm already severely underweight as it is. No one would have to worry if their metabolism was like mine. I sit around and keep losing weight and gain only when I'm very active. Even then it takes a long time for me to even start gaining!! *rolls eyes* Yeah....I'm definitely backward. LOLOL As far as I know it doesn't make you hungrier to where you're eating more, it's just one of the many meds out there that cause weight gain.

The skelaxin is the muscle relaxer right? Cause that's what helps with the jerking seeing as it's due to muscle spasms. Lyrica, neurontin,etc are nerve drugs.

Hugs,

Karen
Well, they did NOT put any steroid in there this time.....so they determined the rash was not caused from that.....they've decided it must be the "whatever it is that makes you sleepy" stuff (which I actually want MORE of the next time, please).......they stood around discussing it while I was turning red and spotty from my neck to my pelvis. He saw it, he doesn't seem concerned about it, they kept me there an extra 30 minutes to make sure my BP and oxygen were ok (which they were), so.....they're not worried. I agree, though......this time I itched longer into the evening......but the rash went away after a few hours.

Yes.....Skelaxin is a muscle relaxant.....Lyrica is for nerve pain......I don't think I'll need much Lyrica.......I am naturally small, too, but do NOT want to gain weight. I can't afford any new clothes!!!

I really am worried about my big toe (I'm sure you are all sitting there rolling your eyes saying "What I would GIVE to just worry about my freaking big toe" but it really hurts and it started suddenly and my right foot is now splotchy and blue and red like the other one (mostly around the edges and toes). It doesn't seem like a good combination. A little of the tingling is coming back in the left foot........just reminding me it's there. So......I guess I got good pain relief for......36 hours or so.......better than the last one. I go to wound care tomorrow about my incision. I am not looking forward to that. That whole premise on an RSD foot doesn't seem pleasant. I'm not sure what that will entail????

Oh......so sleepy......I wish everyone a good night and peaceful sleep!!
MominPainRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta jewell (01-09-2009)