View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 10:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Copaxone again or not...opinions welcomed

When first dx in 2001 I shortly started taking Copaxone, for three plus years I took injections. I stopped for two reasons, cost and side effect from joint pain. The joint pain is still around and sx are getting worse which makes me consider I might need to go back on injections.

I will be seeing a new neuro in a few days which I always hate...long story short. A first visit to a new neuro, you don't have MS stop all medication. Twelve days later after seven of solumedrol drips, he says he could be wrong...so I'm not crazy about seeing a new neuro.

I could go see one that is a four hour drive round trip...not a good thing for me, I get too tired and can't always drive back.

I don't mind the shots, that's not the problem...tis the pain of joints that makes me wince. I would gladly take a shot, needles don't faze me...I give myself B12 twice a month if needed. Those needles are way longer than the Copaxone needles.

I just wonder if Copaxone is the best for me or should I try something different. I wish my first neuro was closer rather than in Tampa, Fl. He prescribed Copax because it has the least side effects for most people.

I think I have done really well for the past two or so years without taking any injections...

Opinions and ideas are welcomed...
Momma's Kids is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote