View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 11:37 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Oh Yeh!! I too am glad this is done and you did really good....... you really did!!

The stinging on the palate is normal and it may be like that for a few days but basically the pain should be minimal. You may or may not get a little bruising and some achiness, but that's all normal. As the clot forms and the site starts to heal, you may get some little granules of bone graft material that come out........ don't worry about that, it's all normal!!

Be sure to follow the oral surgeons post op instructions and make sure you drink plenty of water every day to stay hydrated. The last week or so has been tough for you, but you got through it and everything is going to work out ok!!

Check in with us when you can over the weekend to let us know how you are doing. Take care :-))

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy60 View Post
Hi Bryanna, I went to my general dentist first who took the impression for the flipper then to the oral surgeon. My dentist said the same thing you did, get the graft now instead of later...while it's open and accessible. So, I got the IV sedation, had no awareness of anything, and it's over. Not that much bleeding, he said there would be less because of the graft. Just stinging now on the palate side. Can't rinse with salt water yet but took some Advil, slept for 2 hours when I got home and glad this is over. Follow up in a week at which time he'll go over the cat scan and his opinion of the wisdom tooth. Thanks so much for seeing me through this!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote