View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 02:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Rosie,

I just want to say my heart goes out to you. 16 years old when you fell? That is really a huge loss to be so young and lose your health!. I'm so sorry. Some of us may have RSD longer, but were older when he got it (48 years old) and not have it so severe. I have it full body, generalized, but am still able to walk and only have one partially crippled limb.

I'm so grateful we have this forum to be able to encourage one another and listen and know others really listen to our expressions of pain. We are not alone and don't feel alone.
It's impossible to know what RSD is like unless we have it, and of course we all have it in different degrees and react to it and treatments for it differently. No wonder the Doctors struggle to try and figure it out.

Rosie, what are you majoring in at the university? My husband and I have one daughter.
She is healthy and very supportive. She is a court reporter and even did a deposition for a malpractice suit for a lady with RSD. She used to drive me to PT and has met my current Dr. I'm fortunate to have a supportive husband and son in law also.

How long was it until you were diagnosed with RSD after your fall? Mine was 4 years, and my RSD came the day following surgery. Thankfully, I was started in PT right away and was able to save the range of motion in both arms. So much has been taken away these past 12 years, but I'm grateful for the years prior to RSD and the knowledge I've gained since RSD to try and stay mobile and hopefully encourage others with this monster.
Please know we all care what you are going thru and how difficult it must be. Take care, Loretta Jewell
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote