View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 08:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Wow, you guys, I know how bad this can get. As I have said many times before; dealt with it for a LONG time. Anyway, yep, the C2/C3 has nerves that go up and in and out of the ON muscles. It gets involved...I know. I never did have an RF because I needed a fusion anyway. But I have had one for the lumbar. It does take time. And as my PM always says...the neck is a FAR different ballgame than the lumbar. You're right...anything going on with cervical spine, nerves, etc., is, to me, far worse since it is such a tightly congested space or rather spaces. Who was it that called ON the suicide headache? Boy, if that isn't the truth. I don't know how many times people insisted it was a migraine. That used to make me so mad. NO! These pains are NOT migraine pains. Although the PM I had at the time said I had "Cervicogenic headaches WITH Variant Migraines". No one needs two types going on at once and this was for 3 years. Anyway, I think it is just plain difficult to explain what it REALLY feels like. We all look fine on the outside but if people could feel the zaps and zings and the constant non-stop vise-like pressure, they would know that these types of headaches are NOT migraines. All I can say is that at its worst I wanted someone to take my head off! You guys are making me remember things. One time the pain was so bad my pupils were fixed and dilated. I know, that means near death right? But that is precisely what the paramedics told me when they came and got me from work. They rushed like mad to get me to the ER. I had asked that I go to the hospital I normally would go to and they said...no way! And this wasn't caused from the meds. I took my usual dose that morning. I am just saying...the pain was so severe. Now, they could have been wrong about the pupils as everyone has told me that just couldn't be. I am just reiterating what "they" said.

Oh, and forgot...I had one of these headaches two days ago; all day and into the night. I KNEW it was the C2/C3 but there was nothing I had done that could have been a trigger. The ONLY thing I can think of was a bad front coming through; barometric pressure gets me every time. So, I upped the Vicodin a bit, nuked the back of my head in the tub and used ice. I also take Klonopin but am allowed to take Valium when it gets bad. I hoard the Valium for the bad times. Anyway, it was around 2:00 am before it finally went away.

Hang in there you guys. My heart goes out to anyone and everyone that has to deal with this on a daily basis. And I hope the RF's, meds or whatever it takes gives you guys some relief.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EE03 (01-09-2009)