View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Default Do You Prepare Your Own Taxes?

I've always had H&R Block do my taxes....but they are getting so expensive that each year I say I'm going to attempt to do them myself but always end up going back to them. I'm scared of making an error and getting audited (although I've never been audited before).

I found a website (www.taxact.com) where you can e-file your federal taxes for free by preparing them yourself. The state form is a minimal cost. For the Deluxe version it's $19.95 I believe and you get some assistance with that choice.

I'm seriously thinking about downloading the program and doing them myself this year. Last year it took everything I got back from my state return to pay for having both returns prepared! It cannot be that hard....I think I'll try it myself this year!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote