View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 11:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lahock View Post
My dr is convinced that I have Celiac but would like a positive result.

Questions about my daughter...she is allergic to gluten but also has a negative blood test. She hasn't eaten gluten for 2 years and 3 months. She just had a biopsy and it came back negative. Does this mean she is NOT Celiac and has just the gluten allergy?
Thank you so much for any help you can give me.
Cyn
A YOUNG family member had rather severe intestinal malabsorption and osteoporosis yet the blood test for celiac was negative! Using Enterolab (http://www.enterolab.com) showed the member to be positive for gluten sensitivity, malabsorption, and genetically homozygous.

Now on a gluten-free, casein-freen, etc diet, that family member is much better.

Probably had Celiac, but did not have the biopsy. Even biopies can be negative, and the doctors already knew the malabsorption existed, so what's the point? It seems absurd that Celiac is only diagnosed with the biopsy... which is invasive and can be falsely negative as well. Supposedly, it will be negative if on a gluten-free diet, but can also be negative at random because not all atrophy is consistently spread in the intestines.

You can also get the Igg blood tests.
Jaspar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote