Thread: RSD spread
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 01:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default RSD spread

Well, team.....I really hate having to give everyone bad news......but I am pretty sure my RSD has spread to my right foot. I just got back from the Wound Care doc (he said the incision isn't infected, so he's going to leave it alone.....which I appreciate).....and he saw that my right foot is just as red/blue/purple as the left one. Other than the big toe pain (which, ironically, is gone now......completely gone.....it was so tender this morning I could hardly touch it)......and the color changes, I'm not having any other symptoms in the right foot (no allodynia, sensitivity, tingling, etc.....)......so far, it is just the color changes. I have a call in to my Pain Doc to see if he can shoot up the right leg on Monday, too.

I am disappointed, but at least I'll match!! Honestly, I have been noticing for a few weeks now (even before my injections) the right foot slowly turning more red.....so I don't think the injections have made it spread. I have lost a lot of the pain relief I felt from the second injection already (48 hours).....it is starting to feel cold again and tingles......but the allodynia is still better, so I feel encouraged about that. I was able to wear a shoe, I can still pull on my sock, and can gently rub it with lotion. If that is all the improvement I will get out of these injections, it is still worth it.

Funny, I feel badly telling you all of this. Everyone has been so sweet and excited and supportive of me!! I wanted to get better to encourage all of YOU as much as for myself. Well, we are a team......we'll hang together and do what we have to do.

It's FRIDAY!!!! I hope to get lots of rest over the weekend before my next series of injections (which make me SO sick). PLUS......it's supposed to SNOW here tomorrow!!! I will plug in my "snow light" to watch from my bed and drive around with my "snow roof" open to savor every moment of it!!!

I hope everyone is having a good, pain-managed day!!!
MominPainRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote