View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 04:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Missy and Erin, I'm glad to hear that you both came through your IVIG ok. I would like to know for how long the effects of having this procedure last, and do you feel almost normal, or are your MG symptoms just more manageable.
I ask this since I've only been diagnosed just a short time now, I have alot to learn. I see my neuro later this month and I am making a list of questions. I tell ya, some days I don't know how to manage. I'm afraid to go anywhere in case I have another crisis. I travel to Florida every March with my husband and friends, and I'm afraid to go. I live in Canada and I don't know if my travel insurance will cover me for a pre-existing condition if I happen to run into trouble. I',m afraid to just go out for an evening with friends, I might choke on my dinner, or worse not be able to breath. This has certainly put a damper on my lifestyle, and I feel like I'm punishing my husband. We went out New Years Eve, I didn't drink, I certainly didn't dance, I'm becoming a real stick in the mud. If you haven't noticed, I'm feeling a little sorry for myself, and I apologize. But to get back to IVIG's. Does your blood work have to be positive to warrant this procedure, my blood work was normal.
kpearl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote