View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 07:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
HI Tommywrestler, is it tiredness that brings on these symptons?

I know that I am worse when I am tired. I do manage to be about 80% of my old self - (which I would be happy to have all the time) but when I am tired it all comes back - the dizziness fog headaches etc. I have decided that my dizziness is when my brain is that tired that it is unable to keep me balanced.

Do you have a rest during the day - if you don't maybe you should try it. Unfortunately my life for about the last 6 years has consisted of a half hour time out at 11.30 am and then around 3pm I actually have to have a sleep for an hour - I set an alarm. If I don't keep to this routine I can't sleep at night and then all the symptons are back with a vengeance. Often I end up having to take these brain naps in my car if I am out - when I try and push past these times it is like my brain screams and there is no option.

I have tried the mind over matter thing but the harder you try the worse the symptons and it takes a long time to accept that this is what I need to do for any quality of life. When I stick to this routine I can be sympton free, BUT I have no control over the unexpected things that can happen and things that can cause stress. I find that I have difficulty controling stress now. Somtimes no matter how well I plan my day there is the unexpected which will delay a brain nap time and then it can take a week to recover my energy levels.

Please take care.

Lynlee

Just typing these thoughts is such a help - it is a reminder and has actually made me feel better - weird - that is another thing to learn to deal with - to feel better you need to put yourself first and it takes along time to get over the fact that you might be being selfish - another of these little pschological side issues that crop up for you to deal with if you know what I mean.
what gets me worse isn't the headaches which i dont have but just the almost like a fog dizziness you know what I mean right like your all there in the head but its like a dizziness my dad asked me when it first began ''how does it feel'' back then i could only compare it to being in a ''almost scary panic weed high'' that moved to just plain dizziness and the Fog like i'm in a bubble and outside the bubble is normalcy please tell me someone gets what im saying.....as for the tired thing not sure never thought about it sometimes mine starts as soon as i get up sometimes it doesnt if i focus in on something like reading a book or playing ps3 it comes on bad
tommywrestler is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote